Saturday, March 27, 2010

The New, Spring Look

It's Spring time, and I'm regenerating energy by taking a rest from blogging for a while. I have some topics lined up that will engage my attention and, I hope, yours.


Meanwhile, I was browsing the Templates section of Blogger, where I saw a new, attractive Spring outfit I just couldn't resist. After trying it on, I decided to buy it, an incredible bargain at only $0.


For those who are interested, it's a variation of "Simple". I think it's easier on the eyes.


Just to keep this food related, a new restaurant, "Regina's", has opened up in the variously named Eco Hotel on the Calle Al Estribo Grande in Pátzcuaro. I haven't been there yet, but we got an email from "SFC Ric" that stated:


Regina's Pizza & Wine at the Eco Hotel on La Subida Al Estribo Grande #48 is operated by Gonzalito Leal, the head chef at La Surtidora (The Office) on the Plaza Grande; opened last weekend.  The service hours are: Thursday and Friday 5 p.m. till 1 a.m., Saturday 9 a.m. (breakfast is also served) till 1 or 2 a.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. till 7 p.m.  
I'll be interested in how long that gruelling schedule will stay in effect.

The dinner menu includes grilled meats, of the quality of SuSazón, a fine meat purveyor in Morelia. The view is first rate.

Hasta prontito,
Don Cuevas


UPDATE: How could I forget to mention that our seafood favorite in Pátzcuaro, Mariscos La Güera, now offers free wi-fi to its customers? So now, you can check your email and browse your favorite web sites while peeling your camarones.





12 comments:

Calypso said...

Nice clean lines - looks good amigo!

Tancho said...

Change, everyone wants change....Humbug.....Pretty soon there will be expectations...People will want direction, ideas, discussions, circulation. Start the presses...time for a Patzcuaro pocket food guide 2010 edition.
I will buy 10 to give away to friends.

Don Cuevas said...

Much more research would have to be done before such a guide could be called comprehensive. Or would it be "Don Cuevas' Pátzcuaro Picks"?

All 5 of them. :-)

Saludos,
Don Cuevas

Michael Dickson said...

Looking good. I toyed with the idea of using one of those templates but even the "simple" wasn´t simple enough for me.

I´m a simpleton.

Don Cuevas said...

Simpleton? You?
Hardly, Felipe.

Or are you just fishing for compliments?

Saludos,
Don Cuevas

Tancho said...

Make that 4 copies, I forgot I can count the friends on one hand now.

Steve Cotton said...

Nice new look. I have been toying with changes -- for a year.

Leslie Harris said...

The new template looks great! :)

Don Cuevas said...

Tancho, you count 4 friends, but if one of them is me, I, of course, won't need a copy. Plus, the lovely Sra. T can read your copy. That leaves 2. At that rate of sales, I won't break even.

Thank you, Calypso, Felipe, Steve and Leslie. I hope I can fill up this large, white space with something interesting.

Saludos,
Don Cuevas

Tancho said...

Wifi, at La Guera, that is very interesting. Just what a laptop needs mojo de ajo keyboard lubrication.

¿Gusta Usted? said...

Hi Don! qué envidia me das con tus viajes!
Sabes, quise entrar en ese enlace de la BBQ de Memphis y me lleva a anuncios que no tienen nada que ver, o sea esta truqueado. Me podrías dar un enlace verdadero? Gracias

Qué mal saliste en esa foto, me gustaba mas la otra ;)

Saludos!

Don Cuevas said...

Hola, Nora,
Se me olvidó cual BBQ de Memphis que refieres. Mi favorito en los últimos años estuvo el Central BBQ.
Acabo de buscar su página web pero se parece que ha caducida.

Saludos,
Don Cuevas